Tuesday 30 September 2008

A little Toot! - I'm on the Tag Tou're it Design team!!!!..

How exciting is that!!!!! Sam and Anne asked me to be on the new design team for Tag you're it!! Before you know it I will see the bottom of my paper and card scraps box LOL!

Joining me are these fabulously talented ladies;



Go check out their blogs to see their fab talent!


Well back to today's challenge -Altered Fabric flowers. Well you may have noticed I do like to add the odd flower or two to my cards and tags - my first thought was felt, then I decided to try and do something a bit different. I have a shopping bag made of hessian that I have already cut into as it had split, so I tried putting it through the big shot and guess what it worked!!!! Oooooh I was dead pleased with myself - I sealed the edges of the flower with pva to stop it fraying and I am quite happy with the result. I added a circle of felt and a button in the middle. Also I managed to use up some more of those scraps - 2 -yes 2 pieces of card and some lovely basic grey paper (mellow I think). And some more scraps of ribbon.








Now you are all thinking to yourselves 'she didn't alter the flower ' - no I altered the shopping bag instead!!!!!! ;oS


Go check out the rest of the team's tags - you are in for a treat!
Thanks Sam and Anne for asking me!
Sarah x

9 comments:

Sue said...

well deserved Sarah your creations are always GORGEOUS

http://web.mac.com/dougandsue

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sarah.

Jo Nevill said...

Many congrats on your news and this tag is fantastic, so stunning.

Take care,

Jo x

Penny said...

What a clever idea for the flower - fab! And many congratulations on being appointed to the team, I'm really chuffed for you :)

Bex said...

Truly deserved Sarah - You have such a talent

Well done
Love Bex x

Margaret Kane Ward said...

I disagree with you!!! That flower is VERY much altered from its original state. Great tag.

Anne said...

Fantastic tag, as always Sarah! I love how you use 'stuff' so perfectly! Everything is always so well balanced and beautiful colours!! Welcome aboard, and Thank You for agreeing to join us! xx

Lorraine Robertson said...

Congratulations on being on the DT & keep up the good work as your tag is gorgeous. Look forward to seeing more of your designs in the future...

Lorraine xxx

Creative Treasures said...

Congratulations Sarah its much deserved, your work is always so fab. Your tag is gorgeous.

Tracy
x