Friday 12 June 2009

Daring Cardmakers and A little competition...


HURRAH! I managed a challenge this week! Time is just not on my side at the moment but I managed to throw together a quick card this morning for the daring cardmakers challenge this week;


Hi it's Keryn here this week and in New Zealand we're in the middle of winter. Not snow like some of you get but we think it's cold all the same. I want to see card creations using only sizzling hot yellow based colours like red, orange and yellow to send some heat out to us through the web.



Well orange is not my favourite crafting colour, but I do love the MME papers and they do feature quite a lot of bright sunny colours, so put your sunglasses on for this this one -







pp -MME
chipboard - POPPICRAFTS
flower - PRIMA

I have also made a little something for Poppicrafts. Michelle is running her last competition over at Poppicrafts and it features one of my favourite craft must haves - CHIPBOARD! We all have tons of the stuff in our craft rooms so why not take part in the challenge and be in with a chance of winning £30 of Poppicraft vouchers? All you need to do is come up with something original using chipboard.

Michelle sent me these chipboard flowers to make a sample for the comp and they are a perfect size to make a sweet little notebook with! And the best bit is these two beauties will only set you back 40p! Can you believe how cheap they are? I covered them with some MME papers and used a sizzix round die to cut out the pages and then bound them with the Bind it all (you could easily use some book rings instead) finishing off with some grosgrain ribbon (also from Poppicrafts).






I made this with Poppi in mind and of course I couldn't leave out her brother Riley so I also made him a little notebook using a pirate theme.




Why not give the competition a try - you can buy no end of gorgeous stuff with a £30 voucher!

Sarah x

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Just wanted to say that Poppi and Riley have been doodling in their lush books. They are under strict instructions, not to cut, tear or pour glue on any of the pages. When they are full, I shall pop them away and cherish.....
Thank you for such a sweet and kind gift. In years to come, I shall look back and think of you.
Mich
xxx

Kathy said...

Lovely lovely card and notebooks Sarah

Lesley Edmonds said...

I love these chipboard albums Sarah. I shall pop over and have a look at the competition. Thank you.
Lesley x

Kaz said...

Lovely card Sarah, the papers are scrummy!

Notebook looks fab too.

Anonymous said...

`Beautiful` creations Sarah :)x