Wednesday 27 June 2007

Feel the 'Luuurve'.....

we'd like you to put some LOVE into your cards this week. Wedding, Anniversary, Engagement or simply to say "I love You" - there are lots of opportunities to get lovey-dovey and slushy, so get out all the romantic stash out and show us what you can do. After all, you know what they say;"All you need is Love, Love, Love".


For the little extra I used my favorite style at the mo, sewing together scraps of paper. It's amazing how many scraps we all accumulate isn't it?I used small scraps of 7 Gypsies papers, some covered chipboard letters(queen & co) and a hand cut chipboard heart covered in BG paper. Working in a school it's amazing how much chipboard I can find from packaging of A4 lined paper! I have tons of it! Must make a few mini books for pressies!
This next card is for a teacher I have worked with for quite a few years who is retiring this week. I had a moment of madness the other week while watching the QVC craft day(blush!) I bought the special value! I wanted the stamps in the pack, but it came with 100 sheets of HOTP papers so I used some for this card. The paper is really thin so I had to be careful stitching it! The papers are not really my style but they are ideal for the lady this card is for.
The last card is another one for the 'Luurve' theme that I made for a joke to send to Hubs. It looks quite big in the piccie but is only about 10 x 10cm and made entirely from scraps. I just love those Lynx adverts and thought this would make him smile.
Thanks for the great little extra Daring Cardmakers! You have inspired me as always!!
Sarah x

16 comments:

All of my Todays said...

I like all your cards but I LOVE the bom chicka wa wa one!! I might have to use that on my DH anniversary card next month as he loves those ads.
x

mum-on-the-run said...

Great cards Sarah, love the stitching scraps idea in the first one and the "Bom chicka wah wah" one is fab!!

Jackie said...

Love them all but the 'Lynx@ one is my fave.

Gillian said...

SARAH....
You ROCK GIRL!!!!!
I love how you are using your scraps like this... fab colours and fantastic designs on all of the cards!

Marlou McAlees said...

Love all these cards Sarah, excellent!!! I love hearts!!

Marlou x

Leigh said...

They are all gorgeous cards, love them all.

Alhambra Club said...

Great cards, but if I had to choose it would be the com chicka wa wa.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful.

Sheila said...

Beautiful cards.......all of them.

Gillian .... said...

great cards sarah, the challenge card is so funky, great use of the scraps, love it :)

Sam said...

Just fantastic Sarah! Love the way you use chipboard and pretty flowers and the last one is HILARIOUS!!

stamp and scrape said...

Goodness you have been busy! Love the 1st card; the chipboard letters are fab!
Ros

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

Your cards are great!!Love them!!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!

Suzan

Jane's Blogs said...

Three very beautiful cards.

Love
Jane xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love them - the bom chicka wa wa is fabulous! That saying has definitely caught on!

Classroomfree said...

Your cards are amazing, you are obviously very talented.

I've added you to my favourites so I can come back and visit often.

Jules x
www.perkypigs.com