Wednesday 26 November 2008

Baby It's cold outside......

Actually it's cold inside as well so I have just put my heating back on. I have been out today for a lovely day with a friend, shopping and a scrummy lunch - a little treat for her Birthday. Lots of people about doing their Christmas shopping, I must get a move on and finish mine now , I planned to be done by the beginning of December but I think I will fail miserably there!


I 've been making my Christmas wish list to give hubby and my girls a few ideas - top of my list is a scor-pal this year and a few other items of stash of course. My colleagues think I am mad, they all ask for perfume or jewellery and I ask for cardboard and paper! Oh well they don't know what they're missing do they girls?


Talking of stash here are a couple more projects I did for Poppicrafts this month, thank you for the lovely comments about my baby cards I appreciate each and every one of them.




I made these little candy cane holders just for fun really - one each for Michelle's little ones. My girls are nearly grown up now but they still love candy canes and insist on hanging a box full on the tree each year (much to my disgust as I like my tree to look just right!) I used some more of my favourite 25mm ribbon on these, and I just love this paper for Christmas.







This card is another take on the pink one I did a couple of weeks ago - Very time consuming but worth it, and I used up so many little old gems that I had gathering dust! Don't you just love these little fabric brads?








And lastly these two were a bit self indulgent really, a gift bag made from an envelope using my favourite stamp at the moment and the vegetable patch embellishment kit from Poppicrafts. And a little holly wreath again just for fun, I rarely use my die cutters these days so it was fun to cut out all the leaves and use more of my favourite ribbon - this time in red and team it with some red buttons.







All ribbon, blooms and buttons from Poppicrafts, eveything else from my stash mountain.


thanks for looking, I love reading your comments,


Sarah x

6 comments:

Sue said...

GORGEOUS projects Sarah all stunning

http://web.mac.com/dougandsue

Nickynoo said...

I can't pick out any one project to comment on, they're all so lovely, you have such a fab style! x

Michelle said...

And just so beautiful they all are too... they are currently on show high up, but naturally they are asked for every day. Yesterday I popped to tescos and bought some plastic candy canes for the tree. Riley had a rummage through the box today and thought they were the ones you had made, good job he didnt take a bite. Sounds like you had a lovely day. Oh it so nice to sit down,eat good food and soak up the festive atmosphere. I could quite happily sit in a restaurant and watch the world go by at this time of year - fantastic! Give it a few years and youl'l probably have little hands pulling your christmas tree down, so make the most of it. Do you think you could take a photo when its up I would just love to see it...
Night,
Mich
xx

Dawny P said...

Sarah these are all fabulous. And Riley and Poppi will love those candy canes. What a really nice idea xxxxx

Anne said...

OMGosh Sarah, these are just phenomenal!!! I absolutely LOVE your Candy Cane pockets and that beaded tree is just stunning! They're all gorgeous though!

stampingmarianne said...

That wreath is great, with the buttons as berries. It is very original and i have never seen that before. really great work!
marianne