Thursday 12 April 2007

Christmas has come early?!!...



Spent most of the day just pottering in my craft room yesterday with the intention of tidying up. I ended up making more mess than when I started! I was sorting through my Basic grey and came across a pack of 'fruitcake' papers which I hadn't opened. Once the pack was opened that was it - I had to make something. Christmas cards are my favourite things to make and I spend up to 5 months of the year on Christmas projects, usually I make my cards first which leaves plenty of time for any orders I may get.

The fruitcake papers are so festive, I made a few tags which I can either use on cards or gift bags. I decided that I will try to incorporate some kind of metal embellishment onto each Christmas item I make this year. I tend to buy loads of bits and pieces on ebay throughout the year and have a large box full of unopened making memories stuff that I rummaged through to find several metal bits and pieces. This is what I came up with;



I wanted to create a random, shabby sort of effect.
Items used are cardstock from stash, lush fruitcake papers, ink, ribbons from stash and mm metal embellishments.
A good start to my Christmas collection! I really enjoyed doing these even though it is far too early!! Today I have to go get my haircut and then I will definitely tidy the craftroom! Well maybe I will have a go at the Daring Cardmaker's dare first!

Sarah x

3 comments:

Kathy said...

wow! these tags are fab. I just wish I hadn't looked though - just the thought of Christmas is making me shake!

Gillian said...

Oh Sarah, these tages are Gorgeous!.. lovely work... I think it's the best way to start making Christmas stuff now, I think that to myself every year... never seem to get there..
It's a good Idea for submitting to mags to make stuff well in advance, maybe you should try submitting these to a mag, they are Fabulous, and having a whole set like this is always appealing to a mag. ;o)

Sheila said...

Awesome.......everything about them is stunning.