Sunday 8 February 2009

Let's mix it up - Basic Grey Challenge...

I have been meaning to join in with this challenge blog for such a long time, but never seem to have enough crafting hours to participate. This week though I decided that I would make time and as I needed one of the dreaded 'man cards' I thought I would used this challenge for it.




As the title suggests you have to use more than one range from Basic Grey on your card. No problem - granola and archaic papers and the green brads on the corners are from the Wassail range. Ooh and I have just realised that the word 'Happy' was made using Phoebe stickers.
I found these really old letter tiles in my stash rubbish box - I throw bits and pieces in the box and then have a good sort out every now and again - I quite like them on this card.
And here is a card made using up more of my very old papers, this one is for a challenge on JB forum to use green and pink. As you can see I am still ploughing through my button collection trying to use some of them up.
Sarah x

9 comments:

Sue said...

goodness me have you any buttons left - you must have had a button mountain

Love the BG card the tiles are great

MY BLOG

Dawn said...

Hiya Sarah
Oh you make the most wonderful cards this is just a stunner - love the design and those letters are brilliant like that!

Love the button one too!

hugs
Dawn
xx

Traceyr said...

These cards are really lovely. I like the wave of pink buttons.

:)

Heather said...

Super card - love the layout and the combination of colours and papers. Brilliant 'man' card - simple but stunning. Love the letters you dragged from your bin.
Thanks for playing with us at Basic Grey - hugs Heather xx

Penny said...

Oooh, I love the letters on the blokey card - fantastic! The button card is so fresh with the buttons in a curve, I love that!

Anonymous said...

Tese are both great cards ...love how you used the bottonnnns on the second card Sarah.have a lovely Wednesday:)~X~

Jo Nevill said...

Fab card, I love these BG papers and these two look so good together. Super card for those difficult males in our lives !

Thank you for joining us this week.

Jo x

Dawn♥ said...

Both cards are just dynamite looking! Love the button string! ♥

Hugs, Dawn

Chris said...

Stunning cards Sarah! I love the mix of papers you used the BG challenge, perfect for a dreaded man card LOL! Love the way you used the buttons on your second. Chris x