Friday 18 May 2007

Back to Basics... (edited to include Leah's card)




Friday is dare day!! Also it's my day off so I had all afternoon to make a card!


For this weeks dare, I dare you to "start from scratch" I want to you design a card with NO purchased/pre-assembled embellishments - that means no blooms unless you cut them yourself, no buttons, brads etc etc. I guess how easy this is depends on your usual style.



This dare couldn't have come at a better time as I just got this fabby new retro flower punch so I got to use it today.





Whale of a punch - retro flower, small circle punch, ric rac, paper and card from April's SA kit, stamp also from SA, and some hand stitching.
Leah also made a card which is really fab considering she is only 13! She loved the card that Allison sent me so she made her own template and made this super duper card with it! She cut the flower from the papers to use as her embellishment.

Don't you just love it when your kids raid your stash and use your basic grey gypsy papers and ribbon! This template would make fab party invites ( must write note on calendar - lock up all basic grey papers before Leah's next Birthday)

Enjoy the weekend,


Sarah x

18 comments:

Rhi said...

Yummmy Sarah, love the colours on your gorgeous card and fab use of your new punch.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

very nice card!!

Bety :)

Lynne said...

Love this card - love the papers, (you may have noticed that I have been using them a lot the past few weekslove everything about it.

Lythan said...

This is one of the most fabby SA kits ever and you have put it to stunning use!

Esther said...

Ooo turquiase with red! Nice! Very effective card

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card, loving the new punch

Kathy said...

Lovely card Sarah, those colours work so well together don't they? How big is your new punch - I've got the same shaped one but I think iot must be the smaller size

Scripture by Design said...

Yum scrumb! Love these! love the colours!
Casey x

Sheila said...

Gorgeous card and I just love the colours.
I just bought that punch at long last so I shall be playing with mine this weekend.

Kathy said...

Leah, your card is amazing! I wish I could cut out as neatly as you can - and that's just for starters.

Paula J Atkinson said...

totally gorgeous!

Rhi said...

Oh wow Leah, thats amazing, I love the papers you've used and that template is just fantastic.

Gillian said...

Sarah love your card hun, that is my all time fav punch too...
Leah your card is GORGEOUS.. I'm so glad you played along.. Well done on such a tricky looking card!

Sam said...

Looks like talent definately runs in the family! I have a husband who sometimes makes me a card and I worry every second he's in my stuff LOL!!


Fantastic cards BTW ...oh and I recognise that Basic Grey paper lol ;o)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

That is a very nice punch - the card looks fab - love the colours.

BondGirl said...

brill cards from both of you. I love the retro flowers and colours, and Leahs idea is great. Lock up your stash!

Angelnorth said...

Great cards Sarah and Leah! Love the style of the cut on Leah's and your flowers are very funky Sarah - love the way you've cut them from patterned pp.

Dolly Mixtures said...

Such sweet flowers with their ricrac stems and lovely paper choice.