Tuesday 1 May 2007

Beautiful....

The little extra over on the Daring Cardmaker's Blog this week was to make a card inspired by the word 'beautiful'.
It's my eldest Daughter Lauren's(I call her Lolly) birthday soon so I thought I would use this opportunity to make her card. It's a tag card, I saw something similar in one of my magazines a while ago and thought it would make a nice keepsake for her. I think she is beautiful ( all Mum's think their children are beautiful!!!) so she is my inspiration for the little extra!!



Really enjoyed making this card, but it did take all afternoon. The first picture of her was taken on her first Birthday, and the other one is fairly recent, although her hair is much darker now(She changes her hairstyle and colour every few weeks!)



The last photo is to show that I have included the word 'beautiful' on the card. I found it really hard to get a picture without the light reflecting off the tab. It's a Heidi Swapp tab, you get tons of different words to choose from in a range of colours.

Bits used; cardstock, paper from current SA kit,Heidi Swapp chipboard numbers, doodlebug rub ons, primas, chalk ink, brads, ribbon and bling from stash.

Sorry this is a bit of a long post, it was difficult to photograph this card in one go!
Sarah x

15 comments:

Lythan said...

No wonder it took all afternoon. Its amazing! And your daughter does look beautiful. I'm sure she will be over the moon with this card.

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous, I'm sure she's going to love it.

Sue said...

WOW now that was well worth an afternoons work

TIS GORGEOUS

http://web.mac.com/dougandsue

Esther said...

awwww what a sweet idea! Yes she is beautiful and children are very precious, a lovely tag card!

Gillian said...

Lauren is just going to LOVE this Sarah.. it is an AMAZING card, and a real treasure! You are so right she is Very Beautiful indeed! :o)

Scripture by Design said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog :)
This is such a pretty keepsake...time very well spent I think!!

Rika said...

This is gorgeous!

Lynne said...

Lolly is going to love this card - it's amazing.

Carolina said...

Just found your blog via Esthers and I'm loving all the beautiful cards you've made!

Kathy said...

Sarah, this is wonderful - what a perfect card for your daughter and what beautiful photos you've used.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

The card is beautiful and so is your daughter.

Heidi said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and the chipboard! She will love it!

Paula J Atkinson said...

very pretty love the pink.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

OH yes!!! this is just beautiful!!! TFS!!!

Bety :)

Sam said...

Wow. This is totally gorgeous. Definitely worth the time & effort