Friday 4 May 2007

Wings....

Had a bit of time this morning to make a card for the Daring cardmakers challenge this week;

WINGS!
You can pick any subject, any colour but the card has to incorporate WINGS of some sort-so you can do - butterflies, angels, fairies, insects,birds........anything basically if it has wings!


Hmmm..... I have a couple of butterfly dies, but whatever I do with them they always look pants! I did consider using some Pheobe paper with birds on but that would have meant cutting into a new sheet.

Rummaged through a box of old bits and pieces that I save from various sources(usually packaging from gifts, old xmas cards etc) and found this little resin butterfly.




PP BG Pheobe, primas, eyelets(have resolved to use more eyelets, as I have thousands of them and hardly ever use them) ribbon, birthday stamp and some hand stitching.
Not too keen on this,butterflies are not really my thing. Another card to donate to the local hospice I think.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Sarah x

16 comments:

Gillian said...

Sarah, I can't believe your not too keen on this Gorgeous card...
I love it, its so soft and pretty, I love how you did your flowers they look brilliant!
Bless you for donating cards to your local hospice! :O)

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow Srah i love your card, i cannot wait to get my little sewing machine to have a go at stitching on card.

Andrea xx

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Sorry Sarah i missed the a out of your name and clicked before checking.

Andrea xx

Paula Whittaker said...

very very pretty...love how youve used the BG paper

Lynne said...

Aww Sarah - this card is gorgeous.

Lythan said...

I think this card is fabo that butterfly is so cute!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Sarah this is wonderful!

Flower said...

Pretty card! The stitching sets it apart.

Tammy said...

I think this is pretty, So nice of you donating your cards to the hospice, what a great idea.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very beautiful card.

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card, so cute

Jane said...

such a pretty card ! I love the flowers ! this fits the theme perfectly . thanks for joining in !

Heidi said...

I love how you worked the flowers in with the patterned paper! It looks great! That butterfly is cute too!

Rhi said...

These papers are just divine arent they. I love what you've done, the flowers, stitching and what a perfectly matching butterfly.

Gorgeous, I can't see why you're not happy with it.

Rhi x

Rachel said...

Oh Sarah that card is beautiful, sooo pretty, and OMG how much ribbon have you got!!!. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog xx

Sam said...

Ooooooh only just seen this....and it's GORGEOUS!!! What on earth's not to like??? lol