Wednesday 16 May 2007

Love is in the air...


Seem to be making lots of wedding and anniversary cards at the moment. The little extra was to make an Anniversary card this week, Life is very stressful here at the moment so I wanted to make a card just for indulgence(not made with anyone in mind or for any particular reason), and I felt much better afterwards!

So this card is not made in my usual style, I tried making a new card shape I haven't used before and I stamped the surface(I know, bizarre- no patterned paper!!) and do you know what- it was fun!! I think I might go to a few card making lessons at my local craft store for a bit of 'me time' just to try some new techniques (I have never tried heat embossing, don't even have a heat gun!)




cardstock, red chalk ink, cheapo rubber stamp from The Paper Mill Shop, ribbon,eyelets and brad from stash, small scalloped scissors. What I like about this card is the coloured section inside.

I made another one in pink for a birthday.


Off now to have a look what everyone else has come up with, that's the great thing about cardmaking, one theme and everyone comes up with something totally different!
Sarah x

9 comments:

Kaz said...

These cards are lovely and the shape makes them so different. I bet once you've tried heat embossing you'll wonder how you survived without it!! I did.

Rika said...

Pretty cards!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Really lovely cards - funny I was looking at some envelope flap cards just yesterday. love them!

Lynne said...

Love the shape of these cards Sarah. They are both gorgeous.

I bought the Melissa Frances - (Ethan) paper at Little Cottage Crafts - but they no longer have the shop, I had a look about for you and found it at Calico Craft.

Here is a GIANT link for you ....

http://www.calicocrafts.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000006.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2ecalicocrafts%2eco%2euk%2fcgi%2dbin%2fss000006%2epl%3fTB%3dA%26GB%3dA%26SS%3dmelissa%2520frances%26SX%3d0%26PR%3d%2d1%26PG%3d%26REFPAGE%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww%252ecalicocrafts%252eco%252euk%252facatalog%252fsearch%252ehtml%26PN%3d2&WD=melissa%20frances&PN=Melissa_Frances_Retro_Collection%2ehtml%23aPA048#aPA048

Paula Whittaker said...

Love the shape of this card....very pretty!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great cards, totally different from any others I have ever seen. Love them.

Gillian said...

Well I reckon after making these Amazing cards, you could teach a class yourself...
Absolutely beautiful Sarah.. love this interesting shape, and your colours look Gorgeous!

Kathy said...

These are FAB, I love the folder idea, it nlooks really neat. I was looking at them and thinking, they'd look great the other way up as a tag pocket thing - but have just realised they wouldn't stand up that way would they duh!

Anyway, I love these cards Sarah - well done

Sam said...

OMG you've NEVER embossed??? lol Oh a whole new world out there what with ATC's and heat embossing lol!! By the way, happy to trade ATC's as well ;o)

Fantastic template and love what you've done with it !